Welcome to YOUR Life Raft
If you're like most of our visitors and customers you're at something of a sticking point in your life; you've hit some challenges.
Maybe you feel like these readers...
"I tend to ruminate on all the stressful events in my life . I seem to spend my waking hours constantly worrying about what 'might' go wrong."
"I have a daily battle with anxiety and a sense that nothing I do ever seems right. It doesn't matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to get my life on an even keel."
"I am caring for an elderly relative and I find the pressure of this all-encompassing. I am stricken by constant feelings of guilt and never have time for myself."
"Our family seems to go from one catastrophe to another. My husband's job causes pressure for us all and my young children are incredibly demanding."
"My biggest problem is sleep. I just can't switch off. No matter how tired I am I will lie awake for hours and then I'm shattered all day."
Does this sound like you?
- Do you feel as though life is throwing up more challenges than you can handle?
- Do you feel that the important things (and your health and happiness) are falling through the cracks?
- Do you worry that your frustrating circumstances won't change anytime soon? Or that they might NEVER get better?
If you answered 'yes' to any or all of those questions it's likely you're feeling EXHAUSTED from continually trying to juggle all these issues and from dealing with the associated worries and uncomfortable emotions.
And this is important. Because the way you feel about the problems you're facing says a lot about how you feel about YOURSELF. It's likely that you DOUBT yourself, feel LOST and see yourself as a FAILURE in one way or another. It's hard to see yourself as capable and dependable when all you see is discomfort, stress and overwhelm.
You're not alone
Most of our visitors and customers feel this way when they first come to the Life Raft. They want to stop feeling worried. They want to feel CALM and RELAXED. They want to feel IN-CONTROL so they can brush their problems aside and get on with living again. They want to be able to SLEEP peacefully and wake up with a smile feeling that they can not only COPE with life but that they can actually ENJOY it again.
Your problems don't have to be a life sentence
That's what my mentor said to me a few years ago when I was feeling as you do now. I didn't believe it at the time but there are some simple steps you can take and tools you can use to bring rapid (and dramatic) improvements to your life.
Four years ago my partner and I were taught some of these tools by a Western student of Zen practices who spent 25 years in a Japanese monastery before returning to England to teach what he had learned. The methods he shared enabled us to go from burnt-out, scared, worried-sick, on-the-verge-of-a-breakdown and thinking that we would never get better to feeling healthier and happier than we have been in many years.
Prior to this we were literally living in Hell. You can read our story here but in honesty our story is unimportant. What matters is that the relaxation and personal training tools we learned can be applied by ANYONE to improve ANY stressful life situation - health, finances, relationships, emotional issues etc. - and through this website we'd like to show you how YOU can benefit from them.
And when I talk about 'benefits' I mean real, measurable, lasting changes.
Benefits such as...
- Being able to completely 'switch off' from problems so that they no longer bother you. It's like discovering an 'off' switch or being coated with Teflon meaning you feel totally 'stress-proof'
- Being able to relax deeply at will so that you can enter a calm state whenever you need to or want to.
- Being able to sleep deeply and easily. No more tossing and turning or lying awake for hours and no more feeling exhausted throughout the day.
- Feeling stronger, more resilient and better able to cope with whatever life throws at you.
- Being more organised, more focused and more productive so that you have more of the one commodity we all so desperately crave... TIME
How to change your life in 2 easy steps
It seems slightly ridiculous writing this but achieving these profound benefits and positive results basically comes down to the following two simple steps...
1. Become aware of the fact that the stress you are facing is caused by your THOUGHTS and BELIEFS
This is a difficult notion to accept at first but once you grasp it your life will never be the same again.
2. Become aware of your ability to choose BETTER thoughts and beliefs
Once you start to truly become aware of the first notion it becomes logical that it is far simpler to affect your experience of life by changing your thoughts rather than trying to change the outside world.